When visiting our website we may collect personal information you provide us when creating an account, making a purchase as well as data collected by cookies.
Legacy Carbon is a 5+2-ply carbon blade that combines the new 12k Energy Carbon fibre with three different classic STIGA wood veneers and thicknesses.
The high-end 12k Energy Carbon used in the Legacy Carbon is based on the renowned Spread Tow Carbon fibre technology with 88 g of carbon fibre per m². This creates a lightweight carbon fibre which amplifies the energy of the blade and provides better energy transfer across the entire surface.
The 12k Energy Carbon consists of 12,000 microscopic carbon threads in each carbon bundle. This increases stiffness, thereby maximising the sweet spot to provide powerful strokes regardless of where the ball impact is.
For the middle and outer veneer, the combination of abachi and limba wood types provides improved dwell-time, thus greater control and feeling in short and highly active games. The stiffer pine wood used in the second layer increases the trajectory and power, thus providing a well-balanced offensive blade.
This powerful carbon blade is created for high performance players who seek a maximum sweet spot in order to constantly put pressure on their opponent with both backhand and forehand offensive strokes.
• When building a fast and solid blade with high-performance characteristics, the choice of core veneer is vital.
• Abachi is a well-tested and classic STIGA core veneer which we always carefully select and cut with the greatest precision.
• We have chosen to combine abachi, pine and limba in precise thicknesses that combine well with the new 12k Energy Carbon.
• Legacy Carbon is the first carbon blade which uses pine wood for its second layer. The mid to hard density of pine offers an outstanding alternative as a second layer.
• All the pine wood used in Legacy Carbon is carefully selected, treated and cut before production.
• Due to the mid to hard density of pine, when combined with the stiff carbon fibre used in 12k Energy Carbon, the results are extraordinary.
• The high-end 12k Energy Carbon employs the renowned Spread Tow Carbon fibre technology with 88 g of carbon fibre per m². This creates a lightweight carbon fibre which increases the energy of the blade and improves energy transfer across the entire surface.
• The 12k Energy Carbon used in Legacy Carbon consists of 12,000 microscopic carbon threads in each carbon bundle. This increases stiffness, thereby maximising the sweet spot to provide powerful strokes regardless of where the ball impact is.
• We always select first grade wood with high durability for products which feature limba in the outer veneer.
• Limba wood creates a blade with a solid surface and outstanding touch and feeling, especially when used in combination with carbon fibre such as the Legacy Carbon.
• For the Legacy Carbon, we apply a unique veneer surface treatment for increased quality, look and feel.
• We always choose high-end Italian dyed wood for our handles, which we design in line with our longstanding core values at STIGA, with a focus on traditional Swedish design.
• To minimise stress on the wrist, STIGA handles are ergonomically designed and therefore very comfortable to hold. They are 3D-modelled and tested so that the final product offers the best grip for both backhand and forehand.
• Lightweight lenses that are adjusted to maintain the best possible balance of the blade.
• The lenses are treated with a special coating to prolong usability and protect against degradation from sweat, for example.
• The front lens is designed in accordance with STIGA standards, and manufactured in the same stainless steel that is used in the Dynasty Carbon.