DNA Platinum S
- An offensive table tennis blade with a revolutionary, patent pending and design-protected shape that provides an optimised hitting area.
- The symbiosis of exclusive materials, the unique Cybershape design, result in a flexible blade that fits several different play styles.
- Developed together with STIGA professional players to work optimally with a wide range of STIGA's table tennis rubbers.
- According to measurements from tests carried out in collaboration with KTH, Cybershape has a larger sweet spot placed higher up on the blade than a standard shape which gives more power in your strokes without losing control of the ball.
- Handles are made of the top-quality Italian wood and have a surface roughness that ensures an optimal gripping surface without the handle feeling slippery.
- Factory-lacquered surface and a weight of: 80-85 g.
Optimized hitting area and larger sweet spot
Our research has shown that for the majority of players their optimal hitting area is on the top half of the blade. So we’ve optimized the hitting area so that it is larger in comparison to the traditional shape of the blade’s upper half and slightly smaller on the lower half to maintain the blade’s balance.
In collaboration with the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), we have also tested the vibration properties of Cybershape, i.e. how the blade moves. The tests have shown that Cybershape has a larger sweet spot placed higher up on the blade than a standard shape which gives more power in your strokes without losing control of the ball.
Customized hitting area for cross court play
Since the ball usually strikes the top half of the racket (both backhand and forehand), that's exactly where Cybershape really stands out. One of the distinctive features of the Cybershape design is that in your return and short game you get closer to the surface of the table by all of 6.5 cm of the hitting area, compared to 2.5 cm for a round blade. This gives you more of a chance of getting to short serves and returns.
With Cybershape's unique shape, it is also easier to get the ball placement on the hitting area you desire while serving. Thanks to Cybershape’s angles, you automatically have six corners as a basis to aim for, depending on how much and what type of spin you want.
Top-quality wood gives you a stable handle
Cybershape Wood is available in three different handles: Master/Concave, Classic/Straight and Pen/Penhold.
The handles for Cybershape Wood are made of the top-quality wood and have a surface roughness that ensures an optimal gripping surface without the handle feeling slippery.
The lens is made of stainless steel and has undergone a process that makes it change colour depending on the light and angle of the racket.
The combination of layers of wood and different rubbers creates a dynamic racket system
Cybershape Wood together with different STIGA rubbers results in several possible dynamic racket systems. Cybershape Wood is made up of 5 carefully selected wooden layers that are developed to work in symbiosis with several different rubbers to be able to fit the majority of playing styles. Cybershape Wood, combined with softer and slower rubbers, is a perfect introductory blade for when you start your career, while also being suitable for more experienced players who prefer a lot of control and feel with every stroke.
If you prefer power in your strokes, we recommend that you combine the blade with harder rubbers. With Cybershape Wood, even players who are looking for more speed when playing can generate the power needed in combination with harder and thicker rubber.
At STIGA, we see the table tennis blade as the engine of the racket system, and we are proud of the dynamic engine we have developed with Cybershape Wood – a blade not just for when you are setting out but also to develop your game for a long time into your career.
Join STIGA Sports Club
Discover all STIGA Sports stories – and be the first to hear about new products, promotions and events. Simply, get moving!
Tång Lindströms väg 7 - 9
633 46 Eskilstuna Sweden
© 2023 STIGA Sports AB